We thoroughly evaluate every product we recommend. If you make a purchase through our links, we may receive a commission. Learn more about our policy here.
Living with Erectile dysfunction, or ED can be challenging and embarrassing. Luckily, there are essential oils for erectile dysfunction that can ease your problem. If you’re looking for a sort of pick-me-up, then check out this list of essential oils.
What Is Erectile Dysfunction
Erectile dysfunction is a condition wherein a man has difficulty keeping his penis firm enough to have sex. It’s not just a case of a few bad days, but it would only count as ED if it has been physically preventing you from sex from numerous occasions (1).
This is usually caused by restricted blood flow, nerve damage, or lack of stimulation. Emotional stress or mental illnesses may also cause ED (2). There are a variety of medical ways to treat it, but the most common is to use natural remedies like essential oils in ED.
Why Use Essential Oils for Erectile Dysfunction
Essential oils are basically concentrated plant extracts that are typically used for their scent. These are chemicals that have certain abilities depending on the plant they were taken from. It’s often used in skincare because the chemicals in them can actually cause a physical reaction. Some of them help with joint pains, sore muscles, or even indigestion.
This is why many recommend using it on your body to stimulate your senses and help alleviate your ED.
Best Essential Oils to Use on Erectile Dysfunction
Though there has yet to be a study that directly shows the effect of essential oil on erectile dysfunction, there are other supporting studies that suggest it has a positive impact on live bodies. If you’re considering using it as a way to help your ED problem, then here’s a list of essential oils to get you started.
- Ginger – In whatever field, ginger is known as the top medicinal herb around, which makes sense why this essential oil is excellent to use in the case of ED. It can stimulate and energize your senses while alleviating sexual fatigue. You can also experience a boost in your libido.
- Ylang – In the world of aromatherapy, Ylang is notorious for being an aphrodisiac. Its scent is known to boost one’s sex drive and senses. Ylang-ylang essential oil can be an excellent stimulator for those with ED. Aside from that, this essential oil is said to ease depression and improve one’s mood, which can also benefit those with ED.
- Lavender – Lavender has been used since the beginning of time as a powerful healer. It has a calming and soothing effect that brings numerous health benefits. Use this essential oil to reduce stress and anxiety. The feeling of relaxation can help stimulate your body and help with erectile dysfunction.
- Rosemary – Whether alone or paired with other plants, rosemary is rich in antioxidants that boost testosterone. Numerous studies have also revealed that they have a positive effect on your reproductive system.
- Nutmeg – As one of the most effective natural treatments for erectile dysfunction. It helps with blood circulation, libido, and the nervous system. On top of that, it serves as a powerful aphrodisiac as well. This is great not only for erectile dysfunction but also for easing your nervousness.
- Clary Sage – Get a sense of excitement and euphoria with a Clary Sage essential oil. It also has properties that alleviate stress for those who smell it. This relaxing and comforting effect can really help you with your erectile dysfunction when needed. Aside from that, Clary Sage can help set the mood during sex to help both you and your partner. Lastly, it also has hormone-balancing properties that can also improve your ED.
How to Use Essential Oils for Your Erectile Dysfunction
Essential oils are in their purest and most potent form, so they can be quite strong or painful when used directly. However, that doesn’t mean you can’t use essential oils for treating your erectile dysfunction. Here are all the safest ways you can use it to improve your health.
- Add a few drops of carrier oil, a kind of oil used to dilute essential oils, then massage the mixture on your skin. You can also combine different essential oils with youth base oil.
- Add some in a diffuser and place it inside your room.
- Add it to your bath. You can put some in the water, or you can mix them in your body wash and shampoo.
- Make a warm or cold compress with them. Add a few drops to a towel, then use it on your body when needed.
- Put them in a spray bottle and spray your room. Your pillows, beds, and curtains are a great place to spray them as it sets off a really intimate setting.
Note that you should never, under any circumstances, ingest essential oil, no matter how diluted it is.
If you get any rashes or other reactions on your skin, wash them away as soon as possible. Some people might get an allergic reaction to it. If you have sensitive skin, it’s best to consult with a professional first.
Using essential oil for erectile dysfunction is not a new practice, and it’s a great natural solution to the problem. Aside from helping you, this can also improve your overall experience with your partner as well. Just be sure to take caution when using them since they are still loaded with chemicals, even if they’re plant-based.